A sample of book designed for small groups, class lessons, and with individual students that support character education and respect.
I love this story for so many reasons:
1) The illustrations really engage the students.
2) You can introduce so many topics with it:
– Character Education Traits like responsibility, respect, and citizenship.
– The importance of classroom, school, and community rules/laws.
– Rules and consequences
– Cause and effect
3) It works for a variety of ages. It’s always hard to find a book that appeals the masses, but I’ve used this book for grades 2-5th and they all love it.
Activity: Use these discussion cards to get students talking and check out my FREEBIE activities here. You can use the cards to help facilitate discussion as you read or as a game (Quiz Quiz Trade) at the end of the story. You could also use the cards as writing prompts! Get them at my TPT store.
This book is wonderful for talking about using good manners and showing others respect. This is a great updated twist on a classic “golden rule” lesson. I love showing the animated version of this book.
Find more books here: https://www.goodreads.com/PawsitiveSchoolCounseling
See my personal list of books I own with categories and links to activities here. To Edit Click File and “Make a copy”!
Find videos to partner with books here:
Check out more amazing resources from these amazing counselors, educators, parents, etc.: