Molly Bang is at it again.
I’m sure most of you have seen “When Sophie Get’s Angry: Really Really Angry”
and I “When Sophie’s Feelings Get Really, Really Hurt”
but have you seen “When Sophie Thinks She Can’t….”
What a wonderful way to introduce mindset and perseverance.
Here are some of my ideas for using the book:
- Read as part of a small group.
- Have students create a coping plan for tough days.
- Have students practice having a growth mindset with this Saving Sam lesson.
- Do an author study. Read more about Molly here.
- Combine with a “power of yet” activity and bulletin board, like this FREEBIE from Lone Star Classroom.
- Partner with your favorite perseverance game like the Target dollar spot ring toss or create your own ring toss.
- ) Partner with a video on mindset: